Sunday, April 10, 2016

Healthy Neer Kozhukattai

Am happy to write this post as the recipe what am going it share is one which is treasured by my mom as she learnt this from her Mom. I want this to be passed on to my further generations as it has bountiful benefits. Even though I have never seen my maternal grandmother (Her Name is Chinthamani) except for a single photograph of her in my maternal uncle place, I feel she lives through the recipes of her I learnt from mom. My mom belongs to Mayavaram - Kuthaalam and her style of cooking inspired by her Mom is typica Thanjavur Style with many signature recipes which am keep learning till date. I wish I could learn all and keep them documented here. As my motto of this Blog is to have a repository of my family recipes, both from my Paternal Grandma who is an excellent cook by herself (all my Rasam Series are from her) from Velankanni-Nagapattinam and my Maternal side. This one recipe is made often by Mom whenever I suffer from Back Pain due to continuous working on system. Also it is very good for the girls who just attained puberty as it gives strength to back bones. Thanks to mom for sharing me the awesome recipe. This one differ from the usual Neer Kozhukattai as it has Urd Dhall in it.

Try this out and you will sure fall in love with this healthy recipe. :)



Happy Cooking :) Keep up our traditional recipes as they can never be replaced by modern day foods :)

No comments:

Post a Comment