Monday, January 18, 2016

Green Peppercorn Spring Onion Kuzhambu

Green Peppercorns are the unripe berries of the tropical vine Pepper (Black Pepper which is the processed form of ripe berries). Green Pepper has an exotic pungent taste and flavor, besides which it offers a lot of health benefits. They aid in better digestion by increasing the level of HCL in our stomach. They help to destroy the bacterial growth in the intestinal tract. Also they have abundance of Iron, Vitamin K and above all it is a rich source of antioxidants. It also has active components that will burn out fat cells and thus aids in weight loss. It shows anti cancerous properties too.

We have the lushy Pepper Vines in our garden at my native and we get Pepper for the entire year from the four to five vines that we have. Got a chance to get some fresh green pepper corns when I visited my place two days back for Pongal Celebrations. Thought of trying this Kuzhambu which was long pending in my list. I made a twist by adding Spring Onions which really enhanced the taste and flavor. A must try recipe I would say. :)






2 comments: